Reference no: 2019.06
Location: Campbellfield, VIC
Engineering areas: Industrial/Manufacturing, Materials, Mechanical
Military Restraints for the worlds most advanced Amphibious and Land MRAP Vehicles. Prominent Supplier of OEM Automotive Seatbelt Components into the US Bus and Coach Market. The Australian commercial point of expertise in Safety and Survivability Testing. Operates Australia’s most advanced Test Laboratory of its type and is an OEM of specialist restraint systems.
Projects / tasks:
1) Industrial Engineer – Design Phase for establishing new Export Production Line, PFMEa, PCPs, etc for Defence Military Restraints.
2) Materials and/or Mechanical Engineer to work on a Military And FIA Quick Release Buckle. Initial Design Completed,prototypes and Testing Completed against initial design.
3) Work in the Test Centre to support test program development and execution. New instrumented Crash Test Dummies are currently being commissioned, novel testing for the mining companies are booked, and always significant level of Automotive and Industrial dynamice, environment, durability and vibration test programs underway.
- Prior experience with Solid Works would be advantageous
- Industrial Engineer, ability to look at existing processes, look at practical automation opportunities. Understanding of the principles Production and Quality Control. Knowledge of PFMEAs, PCPs, Value Stream Mapping, etc. would be advantageous.
- Materials and/or Mechanical Engineer with good knowledge of material properties and design to withstand dynamic forces. Understanding of plastics, metals and glass filled plastics and alternative low weight materials.
- Test Engineers. An engineer with Kinematics interest, Physics and mechanical engineering is prime for this role.
Intern interpersonal qualities:
Need to be practical in their thinking with good problem solving skills, have good communication and report writing skills.