Reference no: 2019.10
Location: Cheltenham, VIC
Engineering areas: Software, Systems
We develop and license software that enables Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to function in electronic devices including for defence applications.
Projects / tasks:
The aim of the proposed project is to real time formation control of multiple devices using wireless technologies. Example devices can be swarm of mobile robots or drones, smart lights, smart sensor networks. Using wireless stacks (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) and sensors (Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Atmospheric, Light etc), one possible way to achieve this is by designing a system with the following components and behaviors:
1. Localization capability with respect to landmarks, beacons etc.
2. Leader and follower formation communicating via BLE.
3. Use of formation patterns that are either pre-programmed on the leader or they can be fetched to the leader via smart phone app.
- Solid C/C++ programming.
- Knowledge on embedded application development.
- Understanding about Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies.
- Ability to interface various sensors with micro-controller modules.
Intern interpersonal qualities:
Creativity, problem solving and analytical reasoning. these skills will be from computer science, electronics or embedded systems engineering.