Reference no: 2019.16
Location: Matraville, NSW
Engineering areas: Electrical/Electronics, Mechatronic, Software, RF Engineering
We specialise in the design, manufacture and marketing of Electronic Warfare (EW) products – including software; and the service and support of EW, radar and radio communications systems.
Projects / tasks:
Antenna Design and Simulation Software:
- Familiarisation with FEKO RF CAD Software;
- Familiarisation with Antenna Characterisation Software;
- Assist in design and modelling a broadband asymmetric bi-conical omnidirectional antenna with improved elevation coverage above the horizon.
Complex Test Equipment: On the job training with the large range of electrical test equipment used to provide In-Service Support to a wide range of Electronic Warfare (EW), radar, radio-communications and other electronic systems.
R & D Project Work:
- Experimentation to assist with current R&D of a new Cost-Effective Radar Electronic Support (R-ES) system;
- Participate in a new R&D Project that investigates Platform Features of Signals onboard Maritime Platforms;
- Accompany personnel on off-site visits to a number of companies that support Australia’s Defence industry.
- Microwave RF
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Computer programming (MATLAB/C++/Python)
- Fourier Analysis.
Intern interpersonal qualities:
Good communication skills, an inquiring mind and not be afraid to contribute to the team.