Reference no: 2019.23
Location: Bayswater, VIC
Engineering areas: Aerospace/Aeronautical, Industrial/Manufacturing, Materials, Simulation and Analysis
- Manufacturing landing gear and hydraulic components for the international Joint Strike Fighter program.
- The design and implementation of repairs for aircraft landing gear systems, and other aircraft functional components.
- Design and implementation of Additive Material (3D printing) repairs for aircraft landing gear systems, and other aircraft functional components.
We provide a unique opportunity to gain experience of the technologies used to effectively sustain Defence’s aerospace, maritime and land capabilities at significantly reduced cost, including: * Design and implementation of precision manufacturing and maintenance tasks * Non-destructive testing * Corrosion protection and surface finishing * Additive Material repairs including the application of 3D printed metallic repair techniques: Supersonic Particle Deposition and Laser Additive Deposition
Projects / tasks:
- Design of jigs to support the metallic processing of F-35 Joint Strike Fighter components. The project involves observing the manual metallic processing of manufactured parts, and designing and implementing workflow processes and equipment which accelerate the schedule but without compromising safety or quality. The project feeds into our existing F-35 JSF manufacturing and maintenance program.
- Design of Additive Material repairs for the F-35 JSF and MH60R Romeo. The project involves redesigning traditional repairs using AM technology. The project feeds into our existing F-35 JSF and MH-60R Romeo maintenance programs.
The intern should have a mechanical, aerospace or materials engineering degree. A person who seeks to understand technologies, and to use that understanding to sustain current levels of engineering, maintenance, and manufacturing performance.
Intern interpersonal qualities:
The ideal Engineering Intern must have a safety focus and be a team player. Someone who is excited by a Defence engineering career and who aspires to contribute productively. The ideal Engineering Intern will also have a vision for improving engineering, maintenance, and manufacturing performance.