Reference no: 2019.26
Location: Macquarie Park, NSW
Engineering areas: Software, Systems, Simulation and Analysis
An Australian engineering company that designs and develops systems for defence applications in the area of underwater acoustics. This includes sonar systems, acoustic analysis tools and recording systems which are supplied to Australian and foreign defence forces.
Projects / tasks:
- research projects in the areas of acoustic detection and classification.
- algorithm assessment, modelling of processing and related software development.
- acoustic data analysis on “signals of interest”.
- complex system integration and test activities.
- system configuration management.
- Signal Processing (underwater acoustics) design and development (Python/C++)
- Software Engineering (C++ and Operating Systems)
- Systems Engineering
Intern interpersonal qualities:
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Self-management – can plan own tasks and align with given priorities effectively.
- Technical ownership – committed to finding the optimal technical solution and committed to quality output.